What is your adapted lens "system"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
LarsHP
LarsHP Regular Member • Posts: 285
Re: What is your adapted lens "system"

As many others, I have gone for M mount lenses with adapters.

In the eighties and nineties I had a Leica M4-2 with 21, 35, 50 and 90mm lenses, so it's partly of nostalgic reasons and the practical experience using those small, sharp lenses and ditto camera.

I got into the Nikon DSLR system since the D200, and I still have several lenses for that mount. Unsurprisingly I have ended up with a Nikon Z camera since it will take both M and F mount lenses well. I did get a Sony a7II, but ended selling it and the D810 in favor of the Nikon Z6.

When I had the Leica M4-2, I loved the 35mm Summicron and 21mm Super-Angulon and rarely used the 50mm Summicron and 90mm Tele-Elmarit. My father had a Nikkor 28mm f/2 for his Nikon SLR, but I didn't like the angle of view of that - or the 50mm. Today, this has for some reason changed: I don't care much for the 21mm and 35mm, while I love and adore the Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Asph VM lens. (I did buy the Z 50mm f/1.8S, but sold it after a few months. While it is a very good lens, the Nokton f/1.2 Asph overshadowed it.)

As for building / planning a "system" of adapted lenses, I have settled on having one small and compact kit with M mount lenses and another with mostly autofocus, macro and long tele lenses. All lenses in these two kits can be mounted on the same camera: the Nikon Z6. The latter group of lenses are only semi adapted, since they are all in Nikon F mount.

I read somewhere that one can roughly double the focal length and then get a nicely complementary set of primes. For instance: 21mm, 35mm, 75mm and 135mm or 15mm, 28mm, 50mm and 90mm + 180mm if needed.

In my case I have ended up with Voigtländer Super Wide-Heliar 15mm f/4.5 III, 7Artisans 28mm f/1.4 Asph FE+ (while a Leica Summicron-M Asph II is on the way), Voigtländer Nokton 50mm f/1.2 Asph and Leica Elmarit-M 90mm plus the very, very compact Voigtländer Apo-Lanthar 180mm f/4. All these five lenses fit in my Tenba Cooper 8 bag which is really compact. (While the kit is very compact, it's not particularly lightweight, since all M mount lenses are made of brass and aluminum.)

LarsHP's gear list:LarsHP's gear list
Nikon Z6 Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow