I shoot both Full Frame and DX Crop sensor, .... not sure why🤷🏻‍♂️

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 14,431
Re: I shoot both Full Frame and DX Crop sensor, .... not sure why🤷🏻‍♂️

Chips Pringle wrote:

I shoot interior real estate with my d7200’s using a 12-24 f4 lens or a 10-24 f3.5-4.5 lens. Exterior I use either a 16-85 or a 16-80 lens (all DX crop lenses). I also often mount full frame primes on my d7200’s, a 50, 85, 135 along with my 200-500 lens for wildlife. I use my d750’s for portraits, family sessions, corporate events and weddings.
Here’s my dilemma - the d7200 is a great camera, it’s smaller, feels good to hold, it creates great images and can handle both DX and full frame lenses. It also has a shutter that can go to 8000 where the d750 cannot. I’m considering (actually wanting to) sell the d750 to stay with the d7200. The d750 model has a history of failure issues and that scares me. I truly believe that with great glass (which I have in both DX and full frame in both primes and zooms) I can produce images just as good as a d750 and few people would know which camera actually took which images. So ...... have you left DX to go full frame and are glad you did, OR do you wish you still shot DX bodies with the advantage of mounting both DX and full frame lenses? Im really torn with this as I believe my d7200 with good lenses can match that of the d750. If you think I’m a moron for asking this question ...... well then perhaps I am🤷🏻‍♂️

Like Raticus I find great delight in the D7500 for high ISO and wildlife photography, not least when the contrast is low.

When less mobile (staying at home) I find the old D600 sweet, for animals, birds and humans. I have a big 150-600 S as well, but that does not get that much use, even around the house.

For macro I find the old Nikon 1 cameras a delight, and for extreme reach, say 1080mm equivalent (that is with my 100-400 C) not much can beat it.
But the FX stays at home, most of the time (using it with primes mostly, plus that Sigma 100-400 C).

Yesterday:

Good luck,

Tord

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon 1 V2 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow