I shoot both Full Frame and DX Crop sensor, .... not sure why🤷🏻‍♂️

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 13,386
Re: I shoot both Full Frame and DX Crop sensor, .... not sure why🤷🏻‍♂️

Chips Pringle wrote:

I shoot interior real estate with my d7200’s using a 12-24 f4 lens or a 10-24 f3.5-4.5 lens. Exterior I use either a 16-85 or a 16-80 lens (all DX crop lenses). I also often mount full frame primes on my d7200’s, a 50, 85, 135 along with my 200-500 lens for wildlife. I use my d750’s for portraits, family sessions, corporate events and weddings.
Here’s my dilemma - the d7200 is a great camera, it’s smaller, feels good to hold, it creates great images and can handle both DX and full frame lenses. It also has a shutter that can go to 8000 where the d750 cannot. I’m considering (actually wanting to) sell the d750 to stay with the d7200. The d750 model has a history of failure issues and that scares me. I truly believe that with great glass (which I have in both DX and full frame in both primes and zooms) I can produce images just as good as a d750 and few people would know which camera actually took which images. So ...... have you left DX to go full frame and are glad you did, OR do you wish you still shot DX bodies with the advantage of mounting both DX and full frame lenses? Im really torn with this as I believe my d7200 with good lenses can match that of the d750. If you think I’m a moron for asking this question ...... well then perhaps I am🤷🏻‍♂️

I use my D7200 for interior real estate as well. Unless your client absolutely insists you shoot their properties with a full frame camera (some do, most don't) your D7200 will take images indistinguishable from full frame. Not even your client would know the difference...because there isn't any.

And, yes, I shoot DX and full frame. I could shoot real estate with a D600, a D610, a D800 or my D850. But I don't, I use my D7200.

For my clients not in real estate, they insist on me using my D850 so there you go.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow