Olympus EM1 Mark II - Live Boost and S-OVF Turned Off Preview Doesn't Match Image

Started Sep 4, 2020 | Discussions thread
Brandon birder Veteran Member • Posts: 4,929
Re: Olympus EM1 Mark II - Live Boost and S-OVF Turned Off Preview Doesn't Match Image

WolfyWho wrote:

Hi guys,

My live preview doesn't match the image taken. Normal exposure always yields a brighter image, under exposure (negative exposure compensation) yields a darker image than what I see in the preview, and over exposure (positive exposure compensation) yields a brighter image than what the preview shows. I included a video link to illustrate what I mean. I understand this video shows an extreme example, but it's the same with a normally lit room or outside in the daylight. My live boost is off and S-OVF is off. Are there any other settings I need to adjust to make them match more closely?

Thanks in advance!

-Wolfy

https://youtu.be/X0xVnUfTaDk

The video shows you are in an autofocus mode. The image above shows that you have set Live view boost off in manual mode. Have you also set it to off in the autofocus mode you are using.?

Brandon birder's gear list:Brandon birder's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow