Panasonic 100-300 II Weather Resistance on Olympus Body

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
TomFid Veteran Member • Posts: 3,520
Re: Panasonic 100-300 II Weather Resistance on Olympus Body

T Evergreen wrote:

Does the splash and dust proof features of the Panasonic Lumix 100-300 II lens perform as well on the Olympus M1 Mark II body as it would on a Panasonic G9 (or other Panasonic splash and dust proof body)? I'm curious because if you read the description of the lens on the Adorama website, it states the lens supports this feature in conjunction with splash/dustproof LUMIX cameras. I'd expect that there's no difference in effectiveness regardless of whether it was mounted on a Panasonic or Lumix body since the both have the same lens mount, but thought I see if there are any issues before going out in a drizzle.

I've seen comments about the bolt circle on the mount not matching across mfg, which could mean that the o-ring on a Panny lens rides on screws on the Oly body, possibly admitting a leak. However, I haven't seen any reports of actual trouble with this, and I don't have the combo to check. Hopefully someone with more direct knowledge will jump in.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow