Matt Granger: Nikon Eye AF vs Sony vs Canon

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gianfranco75 Contributing Member • Posts: 642
Re: Matt Granger: Nikon Eye AF vs Sony vs Canon

vtpeters wrote:

Seriously?

You are just as good at anything as you were when you did it for the first time?
What about "practice makes perfect"? There's no truth to that?

I am person, not an established camera manufacturer. And yes, seriously, we are talking about eye-af, not really a cutting-edge technology.

What I am just saying is that people should just accept the fact that Nikon at the moment has inferior eye-af than Sony, and this was either a deliberate choice or incapacity. I presume the first one, constrained by limited budget.

Arguing that it's Nikon first try at this and therefore we should compare it to Sony's first try, is futile in my opinion.

Sony's AF wasn't that good when they produced their first A7 (mark 1). As far as I've heard and read, it took Sony three generations to get it to where it is now.

There would be a reason for concern if Nikon hasn't been able to improve on their AF in the Z system when they launch their next generation of Z mount camera's (the rumored soon to be announced Z6s and Z7s).

-- hide signature --

Victor Peters

gianfranco75's gear list:gianfranco75's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow