How do you rate the fujifilm 14mm f2.8

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ichollad Regular Member • Posts: 104
Re: How do you rate the fujifilm 14mm f2.8

Dr_J wrote:

EOS GUY wrote:

Thinking of buying it for travel such as cathedrals etc and also landscape

Cheers

Great lens. One of the very best in XF lineup, I think. My perfect landscape wide angle - very wide, but not so grotesque ultra wide that it would be difficult to control.

Great travel companion for XF35/1.4 - both are small and light. You get a step-up ring for XF35/1.4 and have the same filter thread on both lenses - share 1 polarizer with both.

Very low distortion. High sharpness (best at about f/5.6 corner-to-corner). Some tendency to flare (see 1st picture below) but I can live with it.

Mechanically decent - well-built, but not weather-sealed. Focus clutch is funky - matter of taste. Older and slower AF motor, but that's not a problem for landscapes at all.

My only minor complain is that it doesn't focus as close as XF16/1.4.

Very pretty.  I've got the 10-24 on my wishlist but every time someone posts pictures with the 14 it makes me think I might like this lens better.  That IQ paired with the diminutive size is a pretty great combo.

ichollad's gear list:ichollad's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow