S5 vs G9

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sigamy Forum Member • Posts: 77
S5 vs G9

I've been MFT for years. I was 70% video, 30% photo but now I'm about 50/50. I make short films as hobby so I've had GH2, GH3, GH5 and now have the G9 as Firmware 2.0 gave me all the video features I needed in a great stills camera. I have the PL 25mm and Lumix 12-60, and a few other kit zooms.

I know that gear is not limiting me...I still have a lot to learn to get better in photography.

That said, the S5 is tempting me to move on from MFT. I can sell all my MFT gear and continue to learn with a "more capable" system.  My main concerns are cost (a bit) and size of the lenses.   I really love MFT small overall system size, especially with long zooms.

Should I trade up to the S5?   Or should I invest in some Pro glass for MFT? I'm not sure what to do.

Is there any way to quantify the photo and video quality improvement in S5 FF vs. G9 with Pro glass?

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow