10-24 f/4 Mark II coming..

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Latvus Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: 10-24 f/4 Mark II coming..

Little confused where this is markII is aiming. If the price stays the same, then all is good. But the original seems quite short lived without any real caveats.

Yes the marked aperture ring would be nice but nothing special really. The WR is a gimmick for me. None of the lenses are really water proof and never had any water inside even a non-WR lens. They must leave some holes open anyway because there’s always moisture condensating inside and it must be let to breath out. WR caskets only prevent the bigger water droplets, not the humidity itself. I mean would you pay hundreds of more (compared to the 300 rebate price) for just a couple of rubber caskets and a marked aperture ring?

Optically there’s little to improve without the price going up significantly. I don’t see any optical breakthroughs which would make a difference in the past few years. The price for workforce has gone up significantly in the past years so any engineering development is costly. I would think the main point for MarkII is to cut manufacturing costs and add a few things (WR/marked ring) to make it more interesting. All in all the current lens has great properties.

I still think the current lens with the 300 rebate/cashback is a steal. Don’t see any reason for regrets. Still interested to see what Fuji will come up with.

Latvus's gear list:Latvus's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow