Question about ordering a MIOPS Smart+

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP rickpoole Senior Member • Posts: 1,189
Re: Question about ordering a MIOPS Smart+

3dwag wrote:

rickpoole wrote:

robgendreau wrote:

rickpoole wrote:

Does anyone know if there are custom duties/fees/taxes charged on MIOPS products purchased directly from MIOPS and being shipped from Istanbul?

I would think that entirely depends on what country you live in. And we don't know that.

USA

If you are buying from MIOPS directly, I would assume that you would be ordering from their website, in which case it would appear that they might offer guidance during the ordering process, or perhaps if you can contact them (their website has a link)?

They had no idea if there would be duties or fees and no way of knowing if any US customers had ever had to pay them.

Failing that, what is the total cost of the items you are ordering? You should be able to get some idea from the U.S. Customs website. AFAIK there is normally some threshold for most countries of origin above which duty starts to kick in.

There are virtually no definiitve answers on the Customs website..just a lot of "duties may be owed" type statements...the only reference to amount was a statement that it could be $250 or it could be $0.  I'm going to call them but suspect I won't get a definite answer that way either.  It's probably going to end up being easier to order from B&H or Adorama vs direct from MIOPS.

-- hide signature --
 rickpoole's gear list:rickpoole's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow