For D7500/DX: Tamron 45 1.8 VC or Nikon 50 1.8 (or1.4)G?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Aston Senna Junior Member • Posts: 47
For D7500/DX: Tamron 45 1.8 VC or Nikon 50 1.8 (or1.4)G?

Hello! I wanted to ask some thoughts about a fast fifty for a dx camera like my d7500. I was going to look to getting a 50 1.8G originally, but then seeing that used it should be only another hundred to get a 1.4g or the tamron 45 VC it got me thinking how those compare image quality wise.

I'm wanting a fast 50 to shoot mostly at 2.8 and faster. I've had a 1.8 before on the canon side (their cheap STM) and enjoyed it, though it was horrible from 1.8 - 2.5 . Never had a 1.4 anything if there really is a difference in making some cool effects from 1.8 to 4, but have read the 1.4g isn't that sharp. If it's as sharp as the 1.8g or tamron from f1.8 or 2 and up, then that'd be fine, save the 1.4 aperture for special occasion when dire necessary or whatever.

Anyways, I'm rambling. I would love to hear anyones' thoughts who have owned both of these or tried them to compare .

Thank you!

Aston Senna's gear list:Aston Senna's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon 85mm F1.8G +3 more
Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow