D800/D810 or D850 - help me make a call?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 962
D800/D810 or D850 - help me make a call?

I enjoy mirrorless and have a Sony, but after selling my D850 body I instantly regretted it There are times when I would much prefer the Nikon body, like in the studio, or when the weather is iffy.

My Sony rig is an R4 and unfortunately -- for my wallet -- it's the only body I actually think is up to snuff among the Sonys. But for Nikon they've been making great bodies for years!

I do lifestyle, slowed-down portraits, studio stuff. No sports, nothing too fast.

So my calculus is around the higher-mp FX bodies. I've had the D810 and enjoyed it, but never the D800. Of course, these bodies are selling for pretty cheap now while the D850 is really holding its value. I can't afford the Sony and D850.

If I'm happy with relatively few focal points, I don't think I need the D850 when my MP bumpage is only like 10 MPs anyway...

I use ART glass (the 35 and 50 and a 28 1.8G lens). What are the differences between the D810 and D800 for my uses? I would expect similar IQ and experience...Any reason to definitely get the D810? Thanks!

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow