25 mm and 45 mm and 15 mm body cap and 9 mm body cap on the G9

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
FourthHorse
OP FourthHorse Regular Member • Posts: 222
Re: 25 mm and 45 mm and 15 mm body cap and 9 mm body cap on the G9

brentbrent wrote:

You might want to check prices on a used 42.5 f/1.7, which would give you DFD, Dual IS, a closer focus distance, and a hood and pouch. I've had both and think the IQ is very close between it and the 45mm f/1.7, but for a G9 I would definitely recommend the 1.7 over the 1.8.

Found one, asking price CAN$390 (aka US$300). It is in a new state.

I've not owned or used either the 25 f/1.8 or f/1.7, but my impression from others here is that the Oly might hold the edge.

If I am patient enough I could likely find a Panasonic Summilux f/1.4 for CAN$450 (aka US$340).

I've never considered buying either of the body cap lenses. They strike me as more of a novelty

There's nothing I wouldn't try once.

, so I'd focus on what you want on the other two.

My two cents.

Thank you for your advice. When I was young there were one beautiful neighbor and her cousin living nearby, both strikingly beautiful and still quite nice. Hell was having to choose between them.

-- hide signature --

Fourth Horse
Erri De Luca said that humans live as long as three horses and then goes on displaying his wisdom. I'm well past both.

FourthHorse's gear list:FourthHorse's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow