How large a print can be made from an uncropped Nikon D700?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
LaRocque Forum Member • Posts: 53
Re: How large a print can be made from an uncropped Nikon D700?

Thanks but actually I had wanted to save the cost of doing prints by asking a question. You may think that's stupid but personally I don't.

Asking questions is never stupid.

When I want to print one of my photos at a large size, I can create cropped prints of that photo at 4x6 of varying resolutions and print them for $0.19 each. I can print 5 of these tests for under $1.00. If that cost is too great to bear in your case, maybe you can search your couch cushions, or bum some money from a friend. In my opinion, it is money well spent.

My point that you chose to ignore is that you are your own best reference. What someone on here deems as acceptable might not look good to you, and you won't know it until you pull the trigger. How much does it cost to fully reprint your image 2 or 3 times as you learn that you are more or less resolution tolerant than someone else on this forum?

Your stance is of the person in class copying the answers on the test without actually learning how to solve the problems. This practice only takes you so far.

-- hide signature --

James

LaRocque's gear list:LaRocque's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow