Something to Think About - Restarting One's Photo Business!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JMD-70 Senior Member • Posts: 2,088
Something to Think About - Restarting One's Photo Business!

Note, this post is not about where everyone else stands in regards to Covid-19.  That said,...I (ike many of you) have had a passion for photography for nearly some 20 years or so,...and although my first SLR was an Oly OMD-10, my first DSLR was the veteran Nikon D-70,..hence my handle created here on DpR,..."JMD-70".  I have owned a couple of Canons (20D and 5D),...but all others have been Nikons up to my current bodies.  Although I'm thinking the next release of the Z6 / Z7,...that is,..Z6s / Z7s will be the greatest piece of MILC engineering Nikon has ever produced.  However, given my current age and the Coronavirus duration likely lasting for many years, I have lost heart in continuing my photo business.  My business,...like many of your businesses was really in high demand in my area, as I was booked for many of my Client's event for the next 5-10 years easy!  And like many of you, I'm a personal photographer,...and like to go about doing my work as a photographer without worries of any kind.  Okay,...I have worried about a card or speedlight failing.  That said, Covid-19 changed all of that innocence!

So, I'm not sure if I'll even attempt to restart the business,..with or without a vaccine, as it will be years before event start re-occurring to the level they once were.

And to that I ask, are any of you here in the same boat?

Note:  I know this post mentions the Coronavirus,...however, this post is not to be taken out of context regarding anyone's beliefs regarding the state of current matters, so I ask anyone replying to this post to please refrain from making this post about politics as it relates to what one believes or doesn't believe regarding Covid-19.  I thank you,...and I'm sure the Moderators thank you as well.

Naturally, if the Moderator takes exception to this post,...it'll be Deleted soon,...or Locked!

-- hide signature --

JMD
...D850 / D500/  WT-7 x2!
......Nikon forever,...again!!
"...Don't be great at doing something first, Be first at doing something Great!

JMD-70's gear list:JMD-70's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow