The Lumix S1r has landed! Locked

Started Aug 31, 2020 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MirrorlessFrame New Member • Posts: 24
The Lumix S1r has landed!

The Lumix S1r is not for beginner or intermediate photographers, unless you can dive into hours of study to understand the complexity this camera offers and afford the proper glass for this baby. I have been testing this camera for the past week and it has destroyed every other mirrorless camera I have used in the past. After watching dozens of videos made by industry hacks and professionals, I started to laugh because I have been a cinematographer / DIT for over 20 years, and I have been anticipating this camera being available. As photography has evolved, I have come to realize many others have a hard time evolving with their camera gear and blame the gear instead of their lack of ability to understand that the Lumix S1r is in its own class. I can't say one bad thing about this camera. It is probably more suitable, though, for the cimematographer or studio photographers than the everyday hobbyist. There are plenty of lenses offered for this camera through Sigma, but don't buy this camera unless you're going in deep to buy Leica lenses. Bottom line: the Lumix S1r is simply the best full-frame camera that exists today.

MirrorlessFrame's gear list:MirrorlessFrame's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R
47 megapixels • 3.2 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Feb 1, 2019
MirrorlessFrame's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow