Photography Color Gamut

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Fotocorn
OP Fotocorn Regular Member • Posts: 187
Re: Other reviews differ......

Thanks everyone for their contribution.

I am an 80 year-old Civil Engineer who lives in Cape Town South Africa.

I am reasonably fit and love taking photographs and printing them.

I take reasonably good photographs, but have no ambitions to win any prizes, my best images are framed and end up on my study walls.

I appreciate all the expertise but I really only want to do photography, the optical science is probably beyond me and is not the reason I have a camera and and a printer.

The Rand/pound/dollar rate is awful, which makes nearly everything imported expensive. Most times the freight forms a major part of the purchase. It can take up to three months to get delivery from abroad if the local postal service is used. Door to door courier costs a fortune.

I am trying to improve the correlation between my edited screen output and my printed output.

I think need an instrument that can produce ICC files that will help me sort this out. The simpler it is to use the better, I don't want to waste my limited resources on inferior equipment that does not deliver an acceptable result. On the other hand this is a hobby that I enjoy but I don't want it to break the bank.

Is there a product out there that can meet my requirements. So far an XRite ColorMunki seems the best choice.

Fotocorn's gear list:Fotocorn's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow