Still not happy with the D850 AF

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mais51
mais51 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,429
Re: Still not happy with the D850 AF

Antal I Kozma wrote:

Nils, you are a very unlucky photographer. I feel for you.

You see none of the three D850 bodies work for you in your business, that is bad. I have only one but touch wood it works as expected. I am a photographer too although I retired from commercial shooting after spending forty-five years or so behind the camera. Now I only shoot for pleasure, since my small retired business is wildlife and nature photography.

I am so glad that my D850 works without a hiccup alongside my D500 which is also very good. If I may give you some advice please..... You are running a business, you cannot afford having three bad cameras to work with. You will go out of business if you do that. So, why do not you sell those inferior cameras alongside with your Nikkor lenses? You will get a decent sum of money for them. Some folks with lesser expectations and need may see good use out of those D850 cameras.

Then you could invest into the new Canon R5 and a couple of good lenses. Therefore, you would not have to wait for that Nikon Z8 which will come some time in the future and its specs are unknown as of yet. The Canon is here, lenses for it are here, you cannot lose on the change. Your number one priority has to be having a good tool so that you can shoot your assignments without worrying about your gear.

With best regards, AIK

Canon forum users - I feel sorry for them - soon.

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon 85mm F1.8G +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow