Niche Question - Anyone Start JEXIFToolGUI (Or Any Application) From A Bash Shell Script??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
robgendreau Veteran Member • Posts: 8,216
Re: Niche Question - Anyone Start JEXIFToolGUI (Or Any Application) From A Bash Shell Script??

CharlesPhillips wrote:

Wow! Two excellent and helpful replies!

I would prefer to open the GUI version since I feel more comfortable seeing the image, to double check my workflow. I only need the time of shutter (in this case, when it closes thanks to the Nikon D200 software) and exposure time (normally 15 or 20 seconds). I am gonna see if I can add this to the bash script and see if it works, then might drop back to just EXIFTool itself.

I often (well in the winter time) work with four images at the same time and need to make sure that I get the correct time with the correct image - the images go through several applications in a row.

I will give this a try an post back with results.

Might want to look at Graphic Converter as well. It does a great job of manipulating exif and IPTC info. Adobe Bridge too; it can filter by exposure time.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow