Questions about P950

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DAP MV
DAP MV Contributing Member • Posts: 635
Questions about P950

My P1000 started malfunctioning. It’s in the repair shop now, and if they’re not able to fix it, I will have to buy a new camera. Just out of curiosity I started looking at P950. It’s smaller and lighter than P1000, and I have not really used the focal length over 2000mm that often, so I can probably live without it.

There are a few questions I have to P950 users. I could download and study P950 manual, but getting answers from those who know is faster, and there is a factor of first hand experience which no manual can provide.

1. The spec says that the aperture range for P950 is f/2.8-F/6.8 (it’s predecessors, P900 and P1000 went down to f/8). From your experience, what difference does it make in practice? I can see two situation when it can matter: (1) taking pictures on sunny day, and (2) taking macro pictures with close-up lens when you want to get as much depth of field as possible.

2. I was not able to find what thread P950 has; is is 67mm? (This would be good, I have a lot of 67mm stuff left after P900.)

3. In P1000 I use the lens ring for setting focus when I’m using manual focus mode. P950 does not have a ring. What are the options of assigning manual focus to available controls? Is it easy to use? (In P900 it was either the knob, or the dial of the multipurpose switch, and it was simply dismal.)

I would appreciate sharing your experience with me.

-- hide signature --

Darius

DAP MV's gear list:DAP MV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P950
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow