What is your adapted lens "system"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
casperskitty
casperskitty Senior Member • Posts: 1,772
Re: What is your adapted lens "system"

Travis Butler wrote:

iancbradley wrote:

To answer the OP, for what it's worth, I have roughly one adapter per 'decent' lens (there are a couple at the back of the shelf that are early experimental purchases that aren't worthy). So far, they only cover M42 and Pentax K. I wouldn't steer clear of other mounts/systems, though, and I'm just in the early stages of this disorder.

I still shoot with native Fuji lenses, so it makes sense to have an adapter (and a cheapo Fuji X rear lens cap) on each lens so that there's only ever one thing to change.

That's middle stages. I started that way...

Early stages: One adapter per lens mount, you're not really sure if this thing is going to work out for you...

Middle stages: Using them enough that one adapter per lens is just more convenient.

Late stages: having so many lenses that not only is one-adapter-per-lens getting a little expensive, it's also adding serious amounts of storage space to your collection. So you drop back to using a couple of adapters per mount.

I skimmed middle stage. Bought a couple extra adapters in md and pk mounts but stopped because I have had to order so many rear lens caps 😂

-- hide signature --

Having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting, it may not be logical but it is often true. ~Mr. Spock, Star Trek

casperskitty's gear list:casperskitty's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow