Photography Color Gamut

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotocorn
Fotocorn Regular Member • Posts: 175
Photography Color Gamut

I shoot mainly birds & wildlife, with the occasional portrait and landscape.

My camera is a Nikon D500 used mostly with Ultra Zoom lenses.

I shoot in aRGB. I process in aRGB using Elements 2018 with the Element Plus add-on

I use a LG Flatron IPS 235 27" Monitor for processing. It displays 97% sRGB with a resolution of 95 dpi. I calibrate it fairly often using an older model DataColor Spyder 4 Express and also compare the screen image of a standard file to its color certified print.

I print using an Epson Stylus Photo R3000 using Epson paper and the generic Color Cone Pro K3 pigmented ink.

I print in aRGB.

in recent literature I have read that, since my monitor is incapable of displaying the full aRGB gamut, I would get better correlation between my printed image and my monitor image if I used sRGB throughout from camera to print.

Is this correct?

Would I get better prints if I replaced my monitor with a wide spectrum screen that could display more of the aRGB gamut and allow me to use aRGB though-out the process.

It is a very expensive purchase !

Fotocorn's gear list:Fotocorn's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Nikon D7000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow