10-24 - would you rather...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ichollad Regular Member • Posts: 104
10-24 - would you rather...

I've been planning to pick up the 10-24 at some point as part of my hiking kit, but it's not a huge priority at the moment because I won't be going on any trips where it would be required for the next 12-18 months (that long of a stretch is unusual - I'd normally have two or three outdoorsy trips planned per year).  That said, the current price has me wondering if I should stretch the budget this year and pick it up - it doesn't look like it's ever been cheaper (in new condition, at least).

So my question is - would you rather have the current version for $699, or would you rather have a WR version with a marked aperture ring for $999?  While it's barely even a rumor at this point, it does seem like there's a chance that Fuji will be releasing a Mark II version of this lens in the next year or so.  So for those of you who dig this lens - would those improvements be worth an extra $300?  I'm having a difficult time deciding how much those improvements (should they ever arrive) would be worth to me.

ichollad's gear list:ichollad's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow