What is your adapted lens "system"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
iancbradley Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: What is your adapted lens "system"

fferreres wrote:

Travis Butler wrote:

iancbradley wrote:

To answer the OP, for what it's worth, I have roughly one adapter per 'decent' lens (there are a couple at the back of the shelf that are early experimental purchases that aren't worthy). So far, they only cover M42 and Pentax K. I wouldn't steer clear of other mounts/systems, though, and I'm just in the early stages of this disorder.

I still shoot with native Fuji lenses, so it makes sense to have an adapter (and a cheapo Fuji X rear lens cap) on each lens so that there's only ever one thing to change.

That's middle stages. I started that way...

Early stages: One adapter per lens mount, you're not really sure if this thing is going to work out for you...

Middle stages: Using them enough that one adapter per lens is just more convenient.

Late stages: having so many lenses that not only is one-adapter-per-lens getting a little expensive, it's also adding serious amounts of storage space to your collection. So you drop back to using a couple of adapters per mount.

Final stage: you are forced out of the house, or are lucky and you goals are measured in terms of new room to condition and new cabinets to get organized, all of which make you so excited to plan and see completed.

So, even at this stage, it seems I am doomed...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow