Geotagging X-T3 images

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dirk Dittert Regular Member • Posts: 386
Geotagging X-T3 images

Hi,

I would like to ask about the preferred workflow for geotagging images shot with the X-T3. I am currently using the Fuji app for iPhone to supply GPS coordinates to the camera. However, this is a major inconvenience as it does not work consistently.

It seems like the Fuji app is being terminated by iOS after short period of inactivity (e.g. when the phone turns off the display after some time). The consequence is that the camera cannot connect via Bluetooth anymore and does not receive updated GPS information. It will reuse the last position for the last 20 minutes which can sometimes be helpful but sometimes be very annoying (if you want positions to be accurate).

My current workflow is the following:

1. set down camera backpack
  2. open Fuji app 
  3. wait 30-45 sec for Bluetooth to be reestablished on the camera
  4. shoot

This is very annoying, especially with gloves. Is there an external GPS receiver that I can use (like the GP-E2 for Canon)? Would it be possible to buy an inexpensive Android phone and use it as source for GPS data and NOT experience the same behavior as on iOS?

It would be very nice if someone who uses the Android app could share their experiences and if you guys could share your GPS tagging workflow in general.

Thanks!

P.S: I do NOT want to record the track and tag images later at my computer. That‘s tedious to do and error prone as well (because Houdah Geo doesn‘t show previews for Fuji compressed RAW).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow