Removing noise

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Drake Ranier Regular Member • Posts: 325
Re: Removing noise

Distinctly Average wrote:

Drake Ranier wrote:

Distinctly Average wrote:

Drake Ranier wrote:

Thanks for all the input and info regarding NR. Between this thread and the research I've been doing, I have to go with Topaz. I'll probably spend some more time playing with the noise settings in LR classic before I commit. I found some tutorials that gave me a better education on LR NR...I'd like to become as proficient as possible with what's there before I move on so that I can benefit as much as possible.

I found this youtube interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZV38QDo388

Topaz is free for a one month trial, so no need to commit too hard.

True. I'll give it a shot. At present, I'm trialing LR Classic, which I'm finding I'm not impressed with...performance is dismal, even on my high end machines. Once I decide, I'll try Topaz...no point in muddying the waters.

Strange LrC is slow for you as it flies on my machine. Sometimes the reason it is slow is due to the library. I have mine on a dedicated NVME M.2 drive. My setup is quite modest being a Ryzen 3700, X570, 32gb and RTX2060.

I ordered and am awaiting a 1TB SSD to dedicate to my catalogs. The system I installed to is i5-8600K, 32GB RAM and an R390 display card, surpassing system reqs.I do use 3 monitors, stretching LR across two, but I would expect better performance.

I'm on the trial at present and will soon enter the 14 day return period. I want to like it, but the performance issues make it tough.

It's good to hear that it works with your system. I didn't uninstall LR 5.7 or PS C6, so maybe that's the issue.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow