What is your adapted lens "system"

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
iancbradley Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: What is your adapted lens "system"

Tom Caldwell wrote:

John Michael Winterbourne wrote:

"But then I randomly won a Vivitar 135mm close focus in FD mount"

I seem to be getting too grumpy for this forum - but how on earth can someone "randomly buy" something, and then go public to ask for advice/thoughts on adapted lens "systems"?

I have “randomly” bought into a few mount systems then found that I might like to make my purchase into “a set”.

Perhaps not so much asking for advice but a confession of an impending addiction?

Ha ha confession is the first step, but might not help anyway

I can relate to 'randomly' - I thought I had found a Takumar 50/1.4 on Amazon, hurried to pay my money and waited for it to come .... except it was the Takumar 50 1:4 (ie f4) macro.  My mistake, not the seller's.  Anyway, I loved it - it didn't leave my camera for about 12 weeks, I photographed pretty much every emerging spring flower in the garden with that thing.  So now macro flower photography is a reason for my 'set' (at least when I explain it to certain people).  See how it works?

I could also tell you about the time I randomly/accidentally bought a grand piano on eBay, but that's another story.

To answer the OP, for what it's worth, I have roughly one adapter per 'decent' lens (there are a couple at the back of the shelf that are early experimental purchases that aren't worthy).  So far, they only cover M42 and Pentax K.  I wouldn't steer clear of other mounts/systems, though, and I'm just in the early stages of this disorder.

I still shoot with native Fuji lenses, so it makes sense to have an adapter (and a cheapo Fuji X rear lens cap) on each lens so that there's only ever one thing to change.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow