A Little Frustrated

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,525
Re: A Little Frustrated

This is a longshot but I have an old Tamron SP 24-135 screw drive type lens that I got years ago that I used with my D50. I had a second D50 body at the time and when mounted on it would often display FEE on the top screen which was the code for he aperture ring not being locked at minimum even though it was. I would have to slightly rotate/jiggle the lens or unlock and relock the lens to get it to work on that body. I surmised that the tolerances of that particular lens and body combo were at the ragged edge of proper alignment as in the body contacts were slightly rotated in one direction and the lens contacts slightly the other such that they lost contact. Maybe something like that is happening with your copy of the lens and your FT-1. Just a thought. I can see why it is upsetting as the results when it works are very good. As for the firmware, all 4 of my V1s have firmware 1.40 for A & B. Firmware L is for the FT-1 and mine is 1.20 and my old Tamron functions normally albeit manual focus only. It allows view magnification and shows the in/out of focus arrows in the EVF.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +25 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow