Recommendation for a cycling camera bag/strap

Started Aug 23, 2020 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Keros Junior Member • Posts: 29
Recommendation for a cycling camera bag/strap

Anyone cycle and also bring along your camera along for some photography? What carrying solution do you use?

So far I've thought of three different general:

1) traditional camera backpack - safe, but pretty hard to get camera out to take some shots when on the bike, also not as comfortable when cycling with a backpack on your back

2) camera strap - something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhNIUZqdIuo

Convenient, relatively easy to switch to shooting, relatively expensive (?) or need some custom modification/adjustments? Anyone has some recommendations?

3) handlebar bag - relatively safe cause you have an extra layer of protection, getting the camera out while riding is doable most bags consist of unzipping the bag. Some of these bags I see on for example Amazon have a frame inside to make them more sturdy but some don't. Also would prefer one that comes with some sort of strap so that you can also carry it after locking the bike and carrying the bag with you but some do some don't it's hard to tell.

Any solutions or recommendations?

Or even just tips on photography while cycling in general? Just thinking of combining two hobbies, cycling and photography and doing them both in one time.

Camera I want to carry is just a one camera one lens combo. Like X-T1 + 23/2 or 35/1.4, just light weight street photography style but on a bike.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
L-D
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow