A Little Frustrated

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561
A Little Frustrated

I have occasionally mentioned problems with my Tamron lenses but from time to time I go try them again because I like the image quality compared to all my other choices.  So I am in another one of those cycles.  This time it is the 18-270 again.  Took a couple of shots of our hummers this morning with that lens and was again quite happy with the IQ.

For me, these are pretty good.  However, about 1 time out of every 5 or so presses on the shutter button, I get the no lens attached error message.  It seems to be random, sometimes a couple of errors in a row, sometimes all is well for3 to 10 shots.  This makes the lens not really usable but I continue to like the results when it works.  My firmware versions on the V1 are:

A  1.30

B  1.30

L  1.00

S  -.--

If anyone has any suggestions to help overcome this, I would greatly appreciate a hint.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Frank - WSSA Member #453
D300; N1 V1;

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow