How to focus on fast moving subjects?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProT3ch Junior Member • Posts: 27
How to focus on fast moving subjects?

I have trouble focusing on fast moving subjects with my a6300. I probably tried the hardest possible situations, so it might just be the limitation of the hardware. The two thing I had real problem with:

1. Birds flying, like 90% of the shoots was focused on the background mountains, instead of the bird. It was with the 55-210 mm lens, but I now have the 70-350 mm, but I don't think it's a lens problem.

2. My niece jumping on the bed inside the house. Most of my photos were close, but when I zoomed in the focus was not on the eye. It was with the Sigma 16mm f1.4 lens. I used it at 1.4 as with higher shutter speed and inside the house I needed all the light I can get.

I never really looked into much of the focusing modes of the camera, I tried to experiment with them, but none of them worked great. Do you have any tips on how to handle these situations? What focusing modes should I try to use when shooting fast moving birds or kids?

ProT3ch's gear list:ProT3ch's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 70-350mm F4.5-6.3 G OSS +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow