Your Motorsports shot's 4

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Discussions thread
Kae1 Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Few more Nostalgia Drag Racing shots

Thank you for the update. I suppose it is inevitable that safety improvements have been implemented over the last 40+ years. The main downside though is to photographers, although it hasn't stopped you taking some great photos!. I think I need to put Santa Pod on my bucket list, as I can still remember the sound, smell and spectacle of drag racing.

I've had a quick look at the slides I've already scanned but can't see Tony Froome's (a Vauxhall body?) funny car. I went to Santa Pod and Blackbushe quite a few times in the mid 70's and still have boxed of slides on my "to do" list so he may be in there. Its amazing that Al O'Connor is still racing.

I won't have seen you race but your cars sound interesting - do you have any photos?

I have a few more pictures from Santa Pod which you may have seen "when you were a lad".

Thanks again for prompting the memories!

Kae1's gear list:Kae1's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic G90 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dav
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow