Your Motorsports shot's 4

Started Mar 2, 2020 | Discussions thread
ssshoot
ssshoot Regular Member • Posts: 488
Re: Few more Nostalgia Drag Racing shots

It hasn’t changed much!!

There is still the grass bank along the full length of the right lane. The left hand lane has grandstand until about the 660’ mark, still with the staging lanes and pits behind. My shots were from the grandstand. We were limited where we could sit or stand due to COVID!

The left hand side has catch net fencing all along so photographing from that side is impossible other than the grandstand. The right side grass bank is good for the full length. Start line is impossible without a media pass, they’re really strict and a pass is like rocking horse $h1t. The ‘barn’ behind the start line and burnout boxes has gone. No access there either without a pass. The white picket fence has been replaced by a concrete wall.

In summary it’s not that good. Worthy of a day out but not a regular thing unless you’re media accredited then it would be great.

I first went in the seventies with a guy called Tony Froome who ran a Funny car called Sundance (you wouldn’t have a shot of that would you?). I was ten years old and became hooked. In my twenties thro’ thirties ran three cars, a ‘71 Mustang Mach1, a ‘34 Ford and a ‘41 Willy’s Coupe. I gave up when the bailiffs came calling!!

Finally Al O’Connor is still campaigning Al’s Gasser as seen in your pic!

ssshoot's gear list:ssshoot's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
dav
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
dav
dav
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow