X-T30 still a good purchase?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
koushiro
koushiro Forum Member • Posts: 78
Re: X-T30 still a good purchase?

Papegoye wrote:

Update: I did pick up the X-T30 with the 18-55 and 23mm f2 and it’s been perfect. The size is really convenient and the quality is great. Next purchases will be the 27mm for pocketability and the 16-80mm for a more all round travel zoom.

I mean, you do you obviously, but buying a 16-80mm right after getting the 18-55 seems a little odd. It’s pretty expensive, the image quality is worse, and you lose a stop at the wide end. I definitely see the appeal of the wider zoom range, but unless you’re dead set on it, I’d consider putting that money toward something else, like the 55-200mm or something. It just seems like a lot of money for not much return since you already have the 18-55mm (and literally just got it). The 27mm is absolutely great though. Super sharp, and not just for the price. Makes the X-T30 actually fit into a big coat pocket. Only downside is slightly slow AF, but there has to be a trade-off somewhere.

koushiro's gear list:koushiro's gear list
Sony a7 III Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow