Modular FUJIFILM X System

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 14,935
Re: Modular FUJIFILM X System

Pennyfan wrote:

I know I am probably being unrealistic, but what if our beloved FUJIFILM cameras are modular system?

I let my imagination run wild and made these line drawings, demonstrated how each modular unit can be mixed and matched, turned into FUJIFILM’s current offerings and what can modular system benefits us.

What do you guys think? Would you buy them?

(I am not greedy, all I want is an X-T4 core module with X-Pro VF module, X-H1 hand grip and 3 way tilting LCD 😁)

I think this would be cool if possible, though I can see some engineering issues with connectors and weather sealing.

But it would be cool to be able to update the sensor module or EVF without having to update the whole camera. The question is whether it would actually be cheaper.

One thing that really annoys me is when camera makers change models and none of the previous accessories will fit any more - so I need a new handgrip, leather case, etc.

Nice drawings BTW

-- hide signature --

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow