TG-6 Best settings for landscape photos without RAW processing

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
RetCapt Regular Member • Posts: 385
Re: TG-6 Best settings for landscape photos without RAW processing

Based on my experience making (at least) 11X14" prints from TG and other small sensor cameras, is that post processing greatly improves my final image. So I fail to see the logic behind the assertion that post processing should not be required to get 'nice' shots out of a P&S camera. OTOH, the term 'nice' is something less than a specific adjective.

Following that line of logic, if it can be termed logic, it would follow that if post processing is not necessary to get 'nice' shots from a small sensor camera then post processing is not necessary to get 'nice' shots from larger sensor cameras since the larger sensor is assumed to render better SOOC images. So when does it become necessary to use post processing?

There may be limited validity to such an assertion if one is interested only in media images where the image stays small, and in conjunction with it small size, is not going to be closely scrutinized.

But as a generalization I disagree.

I have several systems, ranging from small sensor to full frame. My full frame DSLR is the only one where I have found, based on my limited experience since I don't use it that much,  that I can use most of my images SOOC. But this camera, although now old, is a prosumer level camera where I can very precisely preset all the necessary parameters, so much of what I would normally do in post processing I have already done in the camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow