How do you feel about combat-sports photography in main stream media? Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
G Gordon MacDonald New Member • Posts: 2
Re: How do you feel about combat-sports photography in main stream media?

You have given a pretty one-sided view of my concern. What I said was "Does anybody else have a problem with this Challenge? We all enjoy photography as a fun hobby, and looking at the gallery of "By standing on the Shadows of Giants," he is indeed a very talented photographer. However, when we look at the descriptions provided for this challenge, there seems to be a morality problem here. I have a problem believing this challenge is in good taste. "Cage Fighting, Savage Action, Killer Instincts, Punches, Kicks, Stomps, Strangles, Slams, Hurt, & Blood" don't strike me as good clean fun. Other challenges have cautions of not allowing anything offensive, or in bad taste, being allowed. This challenge actually promotes it. Since it opened Sunday evening, not one single entry has occurred. Apparently others have little love for this category. Why has it not been removed?

Now let's look at your description. "Cage Fighting, Savage Action, Killer Instincts, Punches, Kicks, Stomps, Strangles, Slams, Hurt, & Blood."  This is sportsmanship. It sounds like a vendetta. You could have worded your entry in a far less hostile manner. Instead you have described it in a way that more closely resembles the violence and deaths that have been all too common news items in recent months. Your description is the main issue here. Also the fact that my message to you has 3 likes, and 1 supporting comment. To date, nobody has entered anything.

G Gordon MacDonald's gear list:G Gordon MacDonald's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Smaug01
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow