Do you actually print pictures ?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ichollad Regular Member • Posts: 104
Re: Do you actually print pictures ?

Definitely!  I've built up a collection of frames over the years and I'll swap photos out from time to time.  It's a relatively inexpensive way to fill up empty space on the walls.

I find that if there's an old hiking destination that I'd like to return to I can put up some of my old pictures.  That gets my five year old fired up to go and then it's 2v1 if the wife objects to another camping trip.

But in all seriousness - my own photography is mostly about enabling my own nostalgia, so if I don't hang something I miss out on much of the reason I have for shooting in the first place.  I see my dining room wall far more often than I review images on my computer/phone screen.  And each time I see them I get to remember what it felt like to be in those places/with those people.  It doesn't even matter that many of my own images are fairly generic "trophy shots" that anyone could have taken - the point of view at that time was mine, and the image takes me back to the place and moment of capture.

ichollad's gear list:ichollad's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow