How do you feel about combat-sports photography in main stream media? Locked

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Vunite Contributing Member • Posts: 652
Re: How do you feel about combat-sports photography in main stream media?

I always found them somewhat weird, but also interesting, since it catches a moment our eye normally can't, even if it is a painful and sometimes bloody moment. If it's stylish and well made, capturing an important moment of a sports event, why not? If it's all boulevard, just trying to be as gutsy and bloody as possible to be posted in a cheap tabloid, so everybody can be the voyeur and fill the commentary forum below the picture with hateposts and other bs, then I'd say it's not needed.

But frankly, if that is the issue at hand and you titled your post with a Warning/Hardsports etc title, whoever still peeks in and can't deal with it should reconsider his choices

There's only one issue, which is our youngster/underage photographers etc, that maybe aren't to be exposed to stuff too graphic (and kids rarely can control their curiosity). Then again, the images shown are posted in newspapers, so .. I dunno .. just doing some shower thinking here.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Smaug01
MOD Labe
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow