Image stabilization while using a tripod

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
EvilPersian
OP EvilPersian New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Image stabilization while using a tripod

sybersitizen wrote:

EvilPersian wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

Maybe the best thing would be to conduct your own tests to determine the answer.

I saw an article elsewhere that had quoted the link which you provided in your response. I only wish the Canon website had been a bit more clear when they referred to older lenses and newer lenses, perhaps listed specific models, so there would be no guessing where the cutoff is.

Tripod use with specific lenses is described in a table on the last page of that article. The issue is that the lenses you want to use are not on the list at all. Maybe there's a more complete version of the list somewhere.

I figured that ‘newer’ would cover the lenses I listed, but I believe we are on the same page. As the IS has become more advanced, and can cope with image shake in a millisecond or so, it also is sensitive enough that if I change any settings on the camera whilst atop a tripod, or if there is the slightest vibration, the gyros might kick in and give me inadvertent shake return. Best I shut it off. With the upcoming travels in the Middle East, at some locations I won’t have the luxury of experimenting, then revisiting the scene to take another shot.

EvilPersian's gear list:EvilPersian's gear list
Leica V-Lux 2 Canon EOS 77D Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow