D810 over D850 - is there's something more unique in the former?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
crashwins Contributing Member • Posts: 874
D810 over D850 - is there's something more unique in the former?

A guy I follow who's an exceptional photographer had this to say about the D850 and it has me scratching my head a bit as I look over my D810 photos vs my D850, both with the ART primes. And I have to say there is something a bit less polished about them...Curious what others think. Here's the quote:

The D850 is an excellent camera. It's a workhorse and the images are bitingly sharp. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually preferred the files from the Nikon D810 to the D850. Don't get me wrong, I like the D850, but there was something unique about the D810 files. I read on the FredMiranda forum once it was something to do with how the two sensors are designed. The D850 produces a sharper but somewhat more clinical look between the two, in my opinion. The D810 had a film like quality to it. It's what I love about the S1R. Totally subjective, but thought I'd mention it!

Nikon D810 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow