What is your adapted lens "system"

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,097
Re: What is your adapted lens "system"

No management whatsoever. I started with adapting as a way to get new use out of my old Canon FD lenses, but now I see adapted lenses as A) a way to pick best of breed, or best value, for interesting old lenses and B) just a fun way to give new life to lenses that otherwise would probably never create another photograph.

When I go to a photo swap meet, I mainly have adapters in my bag, so I can try out almost anything that someone has for sale.

Having a bunch of cheap adapters is fine because they're cheap, and because it allows you to leave the lenses on the adapters full time.

Yes, if you switch to a different mount you'll need to buy new adapters. I would say, don't do that too often I feel I made a good choice picking E mount back in 2010.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow