Canon R5 vs Sony A7SIII vs 1dx Mark III - The Ultimate Video Shootout

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy Veteran Member • Posts: 9,489
Re: No.1 Selling a7III

Mr A7R4 wrote:

Are you buying an A7siii?

I have an A7riv. A much better camera. 5 times the resolution.

Actually, 2.3X the resolution.

Crop 2x and it’s still better. The 200-600 is like a 400-1200mm lens with more resolution than the A7siii.

How well does it do at ISO 16000, or 51000? Different speciality here. Sounds like it's not the kind of tool you need. Do you own a TIG welder? Do you need one? If you don't need one, does that mean that Gorilla Glue is better than a TIG welder?

the A7iii will continue to be the most popular until the A7iv.

Probably true.

And the A9ii is best for sports and action. It’s double the A7siii resolution.

No, it's 1.4X the A7SIII resolution. And, yes, it's best for sports. Not as good for low light, high DR, or video, though.

Sony's 3 best cameras, especially for stills: A7riv, A9ii, A7iii

And none of them as good as the A7SIII for video, low light, or high DR.

The A7Riii should be in there too. So those are the 4 best Sony cameras for stills.\

What's your point? This thread, and the related review, are not about stills.

I can even edit my low light images with topaz AI then reduce them to 12MP and get more detail than the A7siii could ever dream of.

I doubt it. Not in really low light.

did you know that if you crop an A7siii picture just a little, it won’t fill up a 4K screen? A 2x crop would only fill up a 3rd of the screen.
worst thing you could do is buy a 5k monitor and an A7siii.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow