90d + Tamron 150-600 g2 softness? My own worst critic?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
noellenchris
noellenchris Forum Member • Posts: 73
Re: 90d + Tamron 150-600 g2 softness? My own worst critic?

I would put the lens on tripod and pick a target in your yard on the ground.  Take the pics with your phone as the trigger and plenty fast shutter at F6.3 (wide open)  .   Pick a spot that you can gauge behind and in front of the target.  Then try adjusting the micro adj plus or minus if needed.  If they look sharp, then it is most likely lack of tripod.  I have the same lens on 80D and found that even a monopod helps drastically and a tripod is tremendous especially if you lose light.

I thought the same thing with mine.  I even used Focal program and target and did adjustments with the dock.  I reset them after testing on tripod as I had so much adjustments and it didn't seem to help.  Did some testing with or without a monopod and realized it was me....  The tripod and faster shutter gave me sharp pics in my opinion.  Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Chris

noellenchris's gear list:noellenchris's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow