R5. What does High Speed Display actually do?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zeee Forum Pro • Posts: 21,831
R5. What does High Speed Display actually do?

I get that it makes it easier to follow fast moving subjects but I like to know how things work.

I'm trying to get more info on this. For the R5 owners. Do you see any difference between enabling/disabling High Speed Display (HSD)? The R has it but only available for RF lenses. I’m reading that R5 will allow EF lenses to use this feature. I tried it a few times with my R and RF 24-105 and it didn’t seem to do very much for the slide show effect/lag.

The manual suggests frame insertion I think but not much more info about it. I'm going to do some more searches.

P. 259. I think it was the old copy and paste move. It only lists H but the R5 has H+. It is word for word from the R manual. It must work in H+ because it activates automatically in E Shutter.

Found this. Here I think he says it turns off image playback which slows things down which would be stopping frame insertion? I noticed he also puts it in H, not H+ but does mention the E Shutter part.

2:01:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_pPPKod4g&feature=emb_logo

I watched it a few more times. Just before HSD he says to turn off Image Review when sports shooting. However for HSD he says it won't play images back that slows things down. If so that means we could leave image review on and not worry about it when burst shooting?

On my R I enabled HSD. I did some burst shooting with image review enabled and disabled and I couldn't see any difference.

-- hide signature --

I feel even more confident that soon things will have a wonderful conclusion

Zeee's gear list:Zeee's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow