What is Arca Swiss?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP BidinTime Junior Member • Posts: 41
Update: What is Arca Swiss?

Vanguard QR (left) and Sirui QR plates

Ok, this has all been great info.

The QR plates are not identical but they have the same width and are, somewhat, interchangeable. They fit within the clamp and the safety pin but don't inspire a lot of confidence (one QR plate overhangs the clamp, the other clamp appears too small. But the safety pins engage so maybe I'm overthinking this.

I did see that the ballheads will fit each other's legs (Sirui ballhead on Vanguard legs and vice-versa) with the use of a reducer bushing.

So I need to check the weight capacities of the ballheads to see if they are similar, and decide if I want to buying a duplicate ballhead is a good decision, or swap the ballhead, or if I can live with my current situation.

Any other thoughts are welcome but I think this discussion has provided the insight I sought.

Thanks one and all!

PS. I put white paint around the edges of the Vanguard QR plate for some reason. Maybe as a key that it fits in the clamp either way? That's a nice feature.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow