Canon EF-S 10-18mm on FF mirrorless with mount swap

Started Aug 15, 2020 | Discussions thread
OP going_digital Regular Member • Posts: 392
Re: Canon EF-S 10-18mm on FF mirrorless with mount swap

Did you even read my original post? My initial post included a Amazon listing for a metal mount swap to replace the APS-C plastic mount. No hacksawing mentioned. Apparently there is demand for using this lens on a FF Canon (DSLR), so this mount replacement is an actual product offered.

Do you even know how EOS R adapters work? There is no mirror and lots of space - so damage isn’t even a thing. EOS R  mirrorless camera bodies are designed to work with APS-C mount lens without issue with the adaptor.

I didn’t claim anything about image quality in the corners, just about FF coverage. You can judge for yourself from the reviews on FF coverage. In my opinion, the results are interesting for what this lens could do for the price and the compactness.

Since Canon R firmware has decided to force crop (OK for 4K video) but still puts limits on 1080P and still pictures, it isn’t as interesting as the Tamron which can cover FF from 13mm to 24mm.

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS RP
Canon 24-85 F3.5/4.5
Canon 20-35 F3.5/4.5
Canon 70-300 F4.5/5.6 USM IS DO
Canon 28-135 F3.5/4.5 USM IS

going_digital's gear list:going_digital's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 20-35mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow