Future proof lens decisions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hemp0matic Regular Member • Posts: 225
Future proof lens decisions?

I'm curious if there are many folks that are using FF lenses on their APS-C cameras assuming that down the road they'll be upgrading to a full frame camera.  When I bought my A6000 several years ago, that was suggested to me, but at that time, most of those lenses were insanely expensive, often 4 or 5 times the price of their crop sensor equivalents.
I'm presently considering upgrading to an A7iii, but the camera itself with the kit lens is already at the upper limit of my budget. The APS-C lens in crop mode would limit the resolution to 10MP.  It's been suggested, do to my budgetary restrains that investing in better glass for a future upgrade might be a more logical approach.  I'm leaning in that direction, with a future upgrade to the A7iii most likely in my future.

The Tamron 28-75 2.8 looks like a great choice, with IQ significantly better than my current zoom lenses, and superior to the kit zoom on the A7iii when I do upgrade.  I'm not concerned with lens stabilization, so this isn't an issue at all.

-- hide signature --

I take pictures like I play guitar. I will never be mistaken for Ansel Adams or Eric Clapton.

hemp0matic's gear list:hemp0matic's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow