Is the Tokina 400m f/8 Worth $249.00?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Jazz1
OP Jazz1 Contributing Member • Posts: 534
Re: Is the Tokina 400m f/8 Worth $249.00?

paulo menge wrote:

the mirror lens usually has no exceptional focus. and bokeh does not please everyone. depending on the background the result can be interesting. these photos were with the samyang 300mm mirror

Thank you for the example pictures! I think I could live with everyone of them, with the exception of the small bird picture. The globe like bokeh really is distracting in that one picture. The others look good to me. I wonder under what circumstances the globe like bokeh manifests itself? Does a very busy background do this vs. a plainer background? I suppose there might even be circumstances where the “globe” thing might be good. I’d truly like to know what situations the busy, small background manifests itself for good or bad? Again, many thinks. I’m thinking about selling a kidney for the 100-400mm lens!

Jazz1's gear list:Jazz1's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow