Few actually use their rx100 cameras

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rochester21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,206
Few actually use their rx100 cameras

Interesting anecdote here. Let's just say i am currently on my fourth rx100 camera. All of them bought used. I have checked the image counters on each and all 4 cameras had around 6500(+-300) pictures taken by the time they reached me.

The cameras are old too, none more recent than 2016.

Now ~6500 images is not bad for the average compact camera, but i would argue that the RX100 cameras are so fun to use that they could do a lot better than that before being discarded.

This actually feels like a waste, especially considering the high price of these cameras.

But hey, if you don't want them, i'il take them. The image quality of these "new age" sony compacts always surprises me.

I have had other compacts from sony, but these are really special. Definitely worth keeping more than just one around, as long as you can afford it.

In the future, i plan to be the Ash Ketchum of the RX100 line(and here comes the song) :

"I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To take pictures is my cause!

I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Each RX100 model to understand
The power that's inside!

Sony RX100!
Gotta catch em' all!"

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow